We support people with…
- Lifestyle choices
- Opportunities to maximise personal development and community inclusion
- Living options and homes of choice
- Flexibility in person-directed support
We empower people through…
- Self-determination – Disabled people are in control of their lives.
- Beginning early – Invest early in families and wh?nau to support them; to be aspirational for their disabled child; to build community and natural supports; and to support disabled children to become independent, rather than waiting for a crisis before support is available.
- Person-centred – Disabled people have supports that are tailored to their individual needs and goals, and that take a whole life approach rather than being split across programmes.
- Ordinary life outcomes – Disabled people are supported to live an everyday life in everyday places; and are regarded as citizens with opportunities for learning, employment, having a home and family, and social participation – like others at similar stages of life.
- Mainstream first – Disabled people are supported to access mainstream services before specialist disability services.
- Mana enhancing – The abilities and contributions of disabled people and their families are recognised and respected.
- Easy to use – Disabled people have supports that are simple to use and flexible.
- Relationship building – Supports build and strengthen relationships between disabled people, their wh?nau and community.
We’re an independent charitable trust that provides support for children, young people and adults with disabilities and their whanau.
We offer a wide array of personalised and flexible support options for people of all ages and stages in the Northland, Auckland, Waikato, Bay of Plenty and Wellington regions.
This includes 24-hour residential support, a variety of flexible respite support options, and specialised Home Support, Transitions and Aspirations support. Our popular School Holiday, After-school and Weekend programmes of activities for children are available in Whangarei, Auckland, Hamilton and Wellington – talk to us today to find out more!
Our independent living support is specifically focused on empowering people to their lives of choice – lives like any other – in the community, and our Specialist Clinical Team supports health, behavior and speech-language outcomes.
We also offer a Business Enterprises programme, aimed at supporting people towards their employment goals.
Call us today on 09 634 3790 to find out more about our support options.