Download our Child, Youth and Respite brochure
Find out about our School Holiday Programmes
Our Child, Youth and Respite services support infants, children and young people with a disability (and their families) in the greater Auckland area.
Our aim is to promote valued experiences in a safe environment and support the development of individual autonomy.
Goals are personalised and identify the needs of each child or young person in developing life skills that will strengthen their capability and confidence.
Our Child, Youth and Respite support services include:
- Respite support for infants
- Respite support for children and young people
- School holiday programmes
- Residential support
We provide 24-hour residential support for children and young people in the Auckland area.
The child or young person attends school or other day programmes and is supported to engage in their communities through sports, and social and cultural activities.
Goals are personalised and focus on helping people learn and develop life skills and natural networks.
Regular ongoing contact with family, whanau and friends is encouraged, along with inclusion and involvement in their communities.
Our youth residential support offers:
- People are supported to access their communities and develop natural networks in the community
- Where possible, people are supported to participate in sporting, cultural and recreational activities
- And are supported to access other community services and options
- Through Spectrum’s sister company Homes of Choice, people are supported to access housing opportunities and living environments that meet their individual needs and aspirations
Advocacy and networking
- Our Advocacy team provides people with support to ensure their individual needs and aspirations are met, and rights respected
Employment support and work experience
- Through our Outcomes Brokerage, Transitions, Aspirations and Business Enterprises services, people are supported in the development of life and work skills and identifying strengths, goals and interests
- We also provide support for individual employment opportunities
Call us today on 09 634 3790 to find out more about our Child, Youth and Respite support