We provide two types of independent living support:
Supports and goals in both programmes are individualised to the needs and wishes of each individual and promote autonomy, inclusion and community integration.
The aim is for each person to find the best-possible solutions that provide their desired Aspirational Plans and choice of lifestyle, and assist in the realisation of their full potential.
Partnerships towards independence
We work alongside individuals, family and friends, NASC agencies, staff, employers and others to help each individual overcome barriers, and to enhance life quality.
We assist each individual to bring together their family, friends and others who know and care about them to be a part of the future planning process.
A key principle is the empowerment of the individual to make their own decisions.
Our specific goals are to enable people to:
- Reside in their choice of living arrangement, including rental and home ownership
- Receive the supports they prefer and need
- Ensure family and personal connections are maintained and enhanced
- Actively participate and have valued roles in the community
- Engage in work/education/training or meaningful day activities
- Develop independence
- Realise personal goals via the development of Personal Goal Plans
Call us today on 09 634 3790 to find out more about our Independent living support.