Our Awhi, Pasifika and Asian cultural teams provide a range of specialist services for the people we support. The teams assist people and families/whanau to access services and ensure cultural needs are both recognised and met.
Our cultural teams:
- Assist families to access support from government agencies
- Link families with other disability support agencies
- Assist staff and families to promote cultural understanding
- Encourage people to become actively involved and included in their community
- Link people to their culture and family/whanau
- Support families in the planning and reviewing of support services
Meaning ‘to support and guide’, Awhi aims to increase our ability to develop and provide culturally appropriate support to Maori within our services.
The Awhi group facilitates at powhiri, house blessings, tangi (bereavements), staff advocacy and cultural initiatives.
Our Pasifika team is focused on providing high-quality, culturally appropriate support and advisory services to people from the Pacific Islands and their families.
The Pasifika group facilitates at blessings, bereavements, staff advocacy and cultural initiatives.
Our Asian Cultural Team aims to increase our ability to develop and provide culturally appropriate support and advisory services to people of Asian descent and their families.
The Asian Cultural Team facilitates in Discovery Interviews and Outcomes planning, at bereavements, and during staff advocacy and cultural initiatives.
Call us today on 09 634 3790 to find out more about our Cultural support