0 of 5 questions completed
Read this page, fill out your name, region and place of work at the bottom then complete the quiz.
Please call the Online Training Hotline for help if you need it: 09 6349783
The My Life Survey is being introduced to replace the Discovery Interview on September 13th. Most of the work will be done at the Hub by the Advisory Team, but you may need to support people to participate in the Surveys. This module has been designed to help you with this.
By the end of this module you will:
- Have an overview of the My Life Survey and your responsibilities in this process.
This is a required field.
This is a required field.
This is a required field.
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 5 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Thanks for completing My Life Survey – Module One
Question 1 of 5
What is Quality of Life?
There are some important things to know about Quality of Life.
Have a look at this video which touches on some issues around Quality of Life.
Look at the following list of factors. Decide which ones are parts of Quality of Life.
Select each true statement:Correct
Oops – 2, 3, 6 and 8 are the trues statements
Question 2 of 5
My Life Survey at Spectrum Care
The My Life Survey is a half hour interview where people are asked about their lives. This will help Spectrum Care get information from them about their Quality of Life. The survey will be carried out by specially trained Surveyors (who are also part of the Advisory Team) supported by a Survey Facilitator.
Each Person accessing Spectrum Care Residential and CiCL services will be offered a My Life Survey interview once every two years. They can choose where it occurs and who is present to support them. They can also choose not to do the interview.
People accessing Residential and CiCL services can also request a My Life Survey interview sooner than every two years if they want.
The My Life Survey team will use different communication supports so that as many people as possible can answer for themselves.
The information gathered from the My Life Survey interview will be uploaded against the Person’s name in CRM.
Quiz question: Who conducts the My Life Survey interview?Correct
Oops – that’s not right, an Advisory Team Member conducts the My Life Survey interview.
Question 3 of 5
My Life Survey Questions
The My Life Survey questions are grouped to investigate eight Quality of Life domains:
- Emotional well-being: happiness, safety and how people feel about their life
- Material well-being: whether people have enough money to do and buy things that are important to them
- Physical well-being: energy levels, access to medical help and health
- Personal development: learning opportunities, ability to do things that are important to people and that they enjoy
- Self-determination: choices and decisions that people make
- Interpersonal relations: relationships, support and activities people do with others people
- Social Inclusion: what people do and would like to do in their community
- Rights: privacy, how people are treated and respect
Spectrum Care added a ninth domain that we thought is also important:
- Personal Identity: people’s cultural, spiritual and sexuality
Here are some examples of the questions in the My Life Survey:
Quiz: How many Quality of Life domains will the My Life Survey interview cover:Correct
Oops, it’s actually 9.
Question 4 of 5
Support Worker’s Responsibilities
Support workers will need to pay attention to the following responsibilities
- Explain about the interview to the person before it happens
- Ensure appointment time for the interview with the Person is at a time and place that suits them
- Writing the appointment in the house communication book
- Ensuring that the Person has the support they want at the interview (NB: they may not want any support)
- Let the My Life Survey team know about the communication preferences and style the Person has
- Inform the Advisory Coordinator of the next best person to survey if the Person is unable to answer for themselves
- If the interview is not occurring at home, support the person to get to the interview location
- Provide a warm welcome with the person to the interviewer and facilitator
- Introduce them to the person and their support person
- Ensure that they are informed of any hazards on entering the house
- Make sure that the person has privacy for their interview and that they won’t be interrupted
- Answer any requests or questions the interviewing team may need help with
- Assist the person to say goodbye to the interviewing team
- Assist the person to document in their diary that the interview has taken place
- Document the interview in the house communication book
Quiz: Choose the best option below for a good interview location:Correct
Oops, actually the best option is outside on the deck, on a nice day with no one else around.
Question 5 of 5
How will the information we gain from My Life Survey Interviews be used?
Information gained from the interviews will be used in two main ways:
- As a way of helping the person to choose areas they want to focus on for their Goal Plans – to contribute to their Quality of Life
- To help service regions and the organisation as a whole to write quality plans that are based on supporting people to have a great quality of life.
Quiz: Where can you find the information gathered from the My Life Survey interview?Correct
Oops, actually you will find it on the CRM against the person’s name.